Become a Member of ALPV!
Giving Back and the Power of a Generous Heart
Assistance League of Pomona Valley’s philanthropic programs rely on hands-on involvement by our members and their generous hearts and minds. Become a part of an incredible group of passionate volunteers who are dedicated to making a difference in our community. ALPV serves children and families in Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona and San Dimas.
As a member, you will enjoy the benefits and rewards of:
- Volunteering and making a difference within your own community
- Becoming aware of issues in your community and learning about resources to effectively address them
- Knowing that your efforts can have a profound and lasting effect on the life of someone you’ve never met
- Being part of a team who believes that their participation in these programs can help make the world a better place
- Making friendships that will last a lifetime by working together on programs that benefit others
- Discovering in yourself a never-ending capacity for generosity
- Experiencing the wellspring of emotion as you are greeted with a smile of thanks or words of appreciation
- Developing and using leadership skills and talents you never knew you possessed and the self-confidence you gain with each success
Membership is open to anyone, and ALPV offers unique volunteer opportunities that fit your interests and time. Potential members are encouraged to select a membership classification compatible with their lifestyle and time schedule. Membership classifications are described below. Annual membership dues are $85 and are the same for either category.
Voting Members attend monthly Chapter meetings (September – May), serve on committees, and participate in and support philanthropic programs and fundraising activities. In addition, voting members have the privilege to vote and hold office.
Non-voting Members may attend monthly Chapter meetings, serve on committees, participate in and support philanthropic programs and fundraising activities. In addition, non-voting members receive the Chapter roster and newsletter.
Check out the video below for more reasons to become a member of Assistance League.
Please use the form below to contact Cathy Harden, VP of Membership, for more information on membership with Assistance League of Pomona Valley.
We look forward to hearing from you!