Become a Member of ALPV!
Giving Back and the Power of a Generous Heart
Assistance League of Pomona Valley’s philanthropic programs rely on hands-on involvement by our members and their generous hearts and minds. Become a part of an incredible group of passionate volunteers who are dedicated to making a difference in our community. ALPV serves children and families in Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Pomona and San Dimas.
As a member, you will enjoy the benefits and rewards of:
- Volunteering and making a difference within your own community
- Becoming aware of issues in your community and learning about resources to effectively address them
- Knowing that your efforts can have a profound and lasting effect on the life of someone you’ve never met
- Being part of a team who believes that their participation in these programs can help make the world a better place
- Making friendships that will last a lifetime by working together on programs that benefit others
- Discovering in yourself a never-ending capacity for generosity
- Experiencing the wellspring of emotion as you are greeted with a smile of thanks or words of appreciation
- Developing and using leadership skills and talents you never knew you possessed and the self-confidence you gain with each success
Membership is open to anyone, and ALPV offers unique volunteer opportunities that fit your interests and time. Potential members are encouraged to select a membership classification compatible with their lifestyle and time schedule. Membership classifications are described below. Annual membership dues are $85 and are the same for either category.
Voting Members attend monthly Chapter meetings (September – May), serve on committees, and participate in and support philanthropic programs and fundraising activities. In addition, voting members have the privilege to vote and hold office.
Non-voting Members may attend monthly Chapter meetings, serve on committees, participate in and support philanthropic programs and fundraising activities. In addition, non-voting members receive the Chapter roster and newsletter.
Click here to read the history of Assistance League of Pomona Valley
Check out the video below for more reasons to become a member of Assistance League.
Please use the form below to contact Phyllis Veldman-Fine, VP of Membership, for more information on membership with Assistance League of Pomona Valley.
We look forward to hearing from you!