Community Partners

(Community partners are shown in red…..)

In 1932, a group of women began raising funds to benefit the Pomona Valley Hospital.  In 1937, the Pomona Valley Hospital Auxiliary was chartered.  The women continued to focus support of the hospital’s needs through World War II.

As other community needs were identified, the women changed their focus.  Assistance League of Pomona Valley was chartered in 1946 by the national organization.  Over the next four decades, the chapter house and cottage buildings were used for a variety of community programs:

  • Visiting Nurse Association
  • Speech and Hearing Center
  • Neighborhood Senior Citizens Center
  • The Learning Center (tutoring)
  • Pomona Unified School District began a partnership with the Dental Center during the school year 1988-1989.  Beginning in 1998-1999, services were provided from the Operation School Bell® program.

Formal and informal partnerships, and/or contracted services, have also been fulfilled with the following:

  • Kids Care Fair
  • Pomona Police Department
  • La Verne Police Department
  • Claremont Police Department
  • Chino Police Department
  • Glendora Police Department
  • Chino Hills Sheriff Subdivision
  • Baldwin Park CHP
  • Chino Valley Fire Department
  • Project Sister
  • House of Ruth
  • Children’s Advocacy Center
  • Pomona Rotary (The Learning Center at the LA County Fairplex)
  • The Yellow Bus Drive (Learning Center at the LA County Fairplex)
  • Western University of Health Sciences
  • Claremont Unified School District – elementary sites
Watch For Coming Events